Small Business Saturday reminds us to "shop small" every day of the year, helping our local businesses survive and thrive.
If you haven't put your holiday marketing plan in action yet, there's still time. Here are some last minutes ideas that you can do today just by using your mailing list:
- Create a Season's Greetings message. Add a personalized image (staff photo, etc) Hint: Do this now and pre-schedule your message.
- Offer a discount. Attach a coupon or free content download to your email.
- Ask for feedback. Send a short survey - feedback is a gift!
- Send an invitation. Invite loyal customers/clients to a small open house. If you've segmented your list, this can be easily done.
- Partner with another business. Each of you create an offer to share with the other's list. Hint: Create bag stuffers to share, too!
- Give back. Choose a local charity and create a theme for month-long giving. Promote their cause through email and social media. Collect items, make a donation, etc.
- Hold a giveaway. Ask your subscribers to be the FIRST to do something - click, call or email to enter to win a gift or service from you. Be sure to list the rules clearly in your marketing message along with any exceptions.
- Share recipes, poems, or special thoughts. Create visual images and add your text using PicMonkey. It's free. Then upload your photo your your email template.
- Create a holiday gift certificate. Create a template and take a picture of your gift certificate. Point subscribers to your website or email for purchase.
- Say Thank You. Do you know that the subject line "thank you" gets very high open rates? Simply saying a heartfelt thank you to your loyal subscribers helps build the relationship.