You may already be using some of these tips, but maybe you're not paying attention and monitoring your progress.
Here are 5 tips to make sure your website is helping you:
- Track Visitors: How many unique visitors come to your website. Are they referred from other directories, social media, your email campaign, by a keyword Google search(or other search engine). Are they using a mobile device or desktop? You must know how you're doing if you want to improve. Google Analytics can give you this valuable information.
- Help People Search For You: Use good keywords in your content. Title pages well and add a description and meta tags to your pages. Google Webmaster Tools can give you ideas on what words and phrases work.
- Get Google Love: Google wants you to love your website, to pay attention to it and keep it vital. If you do this, Google will reward you by sending more visitors your way. One of the best ways to let Google know you LOVE your website is to make frequent changes to your content. I know what you're thinking..."I have no time for that!" Don't worry. One of the best ways to do this is to post to a blog that's associated with your website. Instead of adding static articles to your website, a blog organizes your content for visitors and provides great SEO (search engine optimization), otherwise known as Google Juice!
- Maximize social media: Add your website to all your social media channels. Share occasional blog posts on social media to bring followers back to your "hub". Share key website pages - products, donate, about, albums, etc.
- Invite visitors to subscribe to your mailing list: Getting visitors to your website is only the beginning. What they DO there is key. If they're not ready to purchase, donate, etc. you need to give them time to get to know you and trust you. Provide multiple ways for your website visitors to join your mailing list. Place a sign up button on your contact page, home page and sprinkle Join Our List text links throughout your website or blog post. I'm not saying to overdo it, just make it natural.