For many small business owners, putting on the "marketing hat" feels like wearing an itchy, woolen winter hat - downright uncomfortable. Yet, marketing is not an option. It's a critical component of your business. So, how do you decide what to do? It all begins with ...
The good news is that marketing tools today are affordable and easily accessible to small businesses. The first step is to determine your marketing strategy.
- Who is your customer? (and don't say everyone)
- What does your customer need? (your products and service solve problems)
- When will your customer respond? (what are their habits, likes, hobbies?)
- Where will you find your customer? (including what social channels they use)
- How will you focus your marketing efforts to meet your objective?
Once you know the answers to these questions, it is simply a matter of choosing the right tools to reach your market. Don't be afraid to ask for help putting it all together, organizing and executing the plan.